Sunday, April 11, 2004

Iceland... earth's largest hot pot... or however you translate that into English. Anyway, that's what Icelandair says in its latest string of adverts in some Scandinavian country (probably Denmark... it's ALWAYS Denmark).

Been in this big pot for a week now, and one more week to go (thankfully... one week is short in my vocabulary, in case you were wondering). The sole reason being my little sister's confirmation, which takes place on Easter Monday. I'm totally not in the mood of going into my thoughts on this whole 'confirmation' business as, well, 'Business' is most suited to describing what this once religious ceremony has turned into, just like every other former-religious holiday we know of, Christmas being of course the prime example. I won't go further into it, but take a moment and think about it.

Future, future, future. What shall I make of mine? Well, the last few months have gone exactly into figuring out just that, and all options are as always still open, although you'll most likely see me enrolling at the University of Iceland in the fall. Which means spending the next 3 years in this country, it is yet to be seen how that's going to turn out, but as always, we'll see, and of course, hope for the best (don't blame me if you see a certain degree of pessimism in this sentence).

So, short this time, but might aswell be, not in much of a creative writing mood tonight, am I ever?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home