Sunday, May 13, 2007

It's been a while.
Taihen moshiwake gozaimasen.

This time last year I was in Baku, getting all excited about the Eurovision Song Contest, trying to get the crew to stay up all night to watch it (unsuccessfully I might add), although I had a great time myself prancing and dancing around my room at the Hyatt.
A different story this year, although just as enjoyable (if not more), as I actually had company to watch the has-been-extravaganza.
Maybe I'm getting older or something, or just losing interest, but I didn't even bother about listening to any of the entries beforehand this year, or even make a point of watching the semi-finals. Needless to say Iceland didn't make it through to the final, haven't even heard the song, but with a singer that looks like a troll (we're talking about a natural occuring troll-lookalike, nothing like the hideous costumed things from Finland, thant don't even have a REAL make-up artist!), there wasn't a chance in the first place. And for the first time, I really don't give.
Kudos to the Serbian girl though, who trucked her way through right to the top.
I wonder who's going to be next year's winner
...humm, maybe Tadjikistan?
That's, like, in Europe, isn't it?


I'd like to share something with you... and I mean it, as I've only just discovered a button called "moderate comments" on this blogger thing, and realised that people actually read this. I am truly humbled and honored, and from now on will try my very best to share bits and pieces of my random doings.

Have indeed spent 2 months of this year in a fantabulous country called Japan.
As expected I had a truly amazing time, and while there, managed to fulfill my life-long ambition of visiting the shrine of everything I hold to be true and holy in this world.
A pilgrimage that can be compared to nothing else on this earth. Something well and truly enilghtening and fulfilling at the same time.
A visit to:



Sanrio Puroland.

The shrine to her feline highness Hello Kitty and her mignions.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home