Thursday, June 24, 2004

Incompetence
I'm getting seriously fed up with the service the Admissions Office at the University of Iceland provides (ie. none).
As some know I applied to join a B.S. course in Tourism Management there and thought it would be a seemingly straight-forward thing to do. But oh no. Even though they do online-applications and stuff, I had to fax copies of my qualifications to them the same day I applied (1st June), which I totally don't mind, as that's only understandable.
But since then I've gotten an e-mail informing me that they were missing them copies (grammar mistake on purpose to illustrate me anger over them people). Then I phoned them up and asked the lady what the hell was going on since I'd sent them those copies twice already. She said they just weren't there, from the tone of her voice you could actually hear that she was thinking: "oh shit, another lost fax".
So I faxed them through for the third time 3 days ago only to get another message telling me to send those copies before the 29th, otherwise my application would be cancelled! Hello! WTF?
By the look of things one might think that I'm trying to deal with a company like BT or other total incompetents (STA Travel in the UK come to mind all too clearly), but no, this is actually in Iceland, a country where I'd actually said time and time again was so unlike the UK in a sense that things actually work and people know their jobs. But no, I am never ever letting a word of praise slip through my mouth about efficiency of things in my home country, which is now below the UK on my competence list.
Better go try phone that Admissions Office for the umpteenth time now! (seriously, out of endless phonecalls today they've decided not to answer the phone today).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home