Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Right, methinks this site is long overdue on an update.

I've finally managed to 'redecorate' my room. As in painting it a very calming 'Antique White' instead of the grossly offending orange I've lived in since March!
Yesterday then saw the clearing out of my wardrobes... producing only two Tesco-bags full of papers and general unneeded stuff. Even though no one ever looks into my wardrobe, apart from myself of course, I always feel so much better when it's done, just makes it easier and clearer to pick out clothes to wear in the morning.

Speaking of clothes.
I ventured into central London today for a wander around the shops, as you do, although today being possibly August's warmest day, it wasn't all that pleasant, anyhow, I digress.
Walked into numerous clothing stores, hoping to find some additions to my wardrobe, as I've grown tired of half of the clothes I own. The other half I don't wear, mostly because they simply don't go with upper 20s temperatures!
So off I went, had to get some tidbits like moisturiser and a book, no problem with that, that's one thing I don't seem to have a problem with, that and socks.
I must have tried at least 10 pairs of trousers.
Didn't matter where it was. GAP, Selfridges or H&M, nothing seemed to work.
And it didn't. I ended up giving up with trousers, and the only item of clothing I ended up with was a lovely wool cardigan from GAP. Yes, and that on the month's hottest day, how messed up am I?!
However, it will come in handy when I go to Iceland tomorrow! Giving the arctic temperatures over there! It's summer, and all they manage to come up with is 8°C and rain!

I'm taking my HongKong-ese friends over there for 5 days.
We're all flying over tomorrow evening on Icelandair, then coming back Tuesday.
Promises to be fun... although when I went up to Birmingham to visit them a couple of weeks ago they'd made a list of places they wanted to see including Hornstrandir, Látrarbjarg, Dynjandi and Jökulsárlón.
Bless them, how were they to know those are situated at different ends of the country!

True to form, I now need to add something about flying!
My last trip was a 4-day Beirut with a Khartoum shuttle.
I love Beirut.
Although I had a lovely crew, no one was interested in going shopping (exactly... WEIRDOS!).
So off I went on my own and had a brilliant time. Went to the massive Virgin Megastore and got meself the latest Arabic tunes, a totally fantastic CD, nuts from Al-Rifai and some other indispensable items!
I know I've said it before, and I've no qualms about repeating it...
Beirut is totally fabulous.

Did the flight out to Beirut on the newest aircraft in our fleet, a little Airbus A320, with the best inflight-entertainment system ever, not that I got to sample it much, but it was obvious.
And you can control all sorts of things from a huge touch-screen in the front-galley. My personal favourite is the boarding music... especially the classical option playing the BA theme tune (they play it on every BA TV advert), so cool.

Well girls and boys, have a good September!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home