Thursday, April 28, 2005

And so begins another working month.

Feels like I haven't done a thing for ages, workwise that is, although I did manage to get a trip during my 'vacation leave', a nice one actually, since it was a five-day Tashkent. That will totally save my paycheck.
Then today it's back to work, on a 5-day Amman (with an overnight shuttle to Addis Ababa tomorrow evening).

I decided it would be a waste to go to Iceland during my leave this time, and anyway my parents and brother were in London for most of the time I had off!
Them, my mum's brother, his wife and their 2 daughters and son. So a bit of a family reunion over here! It was great seeing them all though, and I realised it's been absolute ages since I've seen some of my relatives, who are now scattered all over Europe!

In fairness nothing much is happening these days, got a busy month ahead of me, finally! Amman, Beirut, Teheran (twice), Tashkent and then finally Damascus. Then my housemates and I are planning a weekender to Manchester. One of my housemates wants to introduce us to the magic of that city which, according to him, is absolutely fantastic. Should be fun anyway, as us lot in this house usually manage to have a good time wherever we are.

It's nearly summer though, which the weather here is desperately trying to get through, on some days the sun does manage to shine through, but then somedays it fails miserably to do so, and instead we get hail!
Should get better soon though, in any case the places I'll be visiting are pretty much guarranteed temperatures in the upper twenties and a fair amount of sunshine!

Happy summer y'all!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home