Monday, March 21, 2005

Right.
On Thursday the main man/woman up there decided England had had enough of greyness, opened the skies, and lo' and behold: It warmed up.
Something of an Icelandic summer's weather in England, over 18°C (well, that's actually better than an Icelandic summer) and sunny.
I of course had to escape that day to work (albeit in the evening so I could enjoy some of that unusually warm weather) to Damascus (where the weather was equally as lovely), then came back on Saturday to an absolutely roasting London (you know, like ast least 22°C... hey, I'm Icelandic after all).
There must be something wrong with me, as I'm now somewhere (voluntarily) where it's a tad bit cooler, well, infact A LOT cooler, as in -10°C.
Aha, you guessed it, it's Moscow.

I am on 10 days' leave after all, and since I haven't got my travel concessions yet, Moscow seemed like the right place. It's always nice to spend time with the family anyway.

Oh, had my first celebrity passenger on the flight from London to Damascus on Thursday... no other than the Queen of International Journalism, Christianne Amanpour. She's like super cool, and totally the best journalist on TV ever.
Didn't get to talk to her though, as I was working down the back (hello, yes, of course she was in Club World) and she slept through the whole flight anyway.

Humm.
I've got a lousy roster for next month. Only a short Tashkent, 3-day Teheran and a 4-day Amman (via Damascus, with a shuttle to Addis Ababa in the middle of it), and a whole lotta standbys. Makes me wonder if I pissed someone pff at the office (nah, hardly). Well, if I get called out on any of the standbys I might just get one of the 5-day Beirut, Bishkek or Tbilisi trips we're starting to get in the summer. Only time will tell I guess.

Anyhow, off to collect my sister Steff, who's arriving tonight.
And I'll remember to dress accordingly...
As my housemate Paul reminded in a text-message last night: "Hope you packed your thermals. Don't want anything dropping off in the cold!".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home