Monday, January 31, 2005

Oh I do declare!
This was probably one of the best Damascus trips I've done (out of the four times I've been there!).
The crew was really nice. We had a purser renowed for his pickiness and tough briefings, but turned out to be nothing but pleasant, and the briefings weren't tough at all, just normalna.
Then there was my homegirl Miriam, my gorgeous Lebanese coursemate, who certainly spiced things up... that girl doesn't stop talking, ever. And just how cheeky can one be but still get away with it? That's Miriam.
Had a lovely day out in Damascus, a beautiful lunch (Mezze) and some shopping.
Oh, and I can't help but have been a bit smitten by one of my colleagues who just joined the company a few weeks ago and worked with the purser and me in Club World on the way out. Ever so sweet. Actually the first time I have a bit of a crush on a colleague to be honest.
Unfortunately that same crewmember had to be left behind in Damascus this morning with an ear-infection. Poor thing.
Must be horrid being left in a hotel on only your third trip.

Oh, and like I said, I couldn't resist the Syrian chocolates. Just had to buy meself a small bag yesterday! I know, shame on me... but if anybody's tasted the truffles from Ghraoui, they'd know what I'm talking about!

Now it's a couple of lazy days off before a stand-by and a short Tbilisi trip (with a 14-hour stopover there).

Happy travels.

2 Comments:

At 17 February, 2005 01:54, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hæhæ! og gleðilegt nýtt ár og allt það! :) svoldið gaman að því að ég er akkurat að fara til Armeníu sem er við hliðina á Georgíu, þar sem Tbilisi er...svona er ég góð í landafræði! ;) kannski að maður rekist á þig í einhverju arabalandinu...

 
At 22 February, 2005 04:33, Blogger tótla said...

hmmm á ekkert að segja meira frá þessu "crush-i"? hehehe ég er forvitin:) svo langar mig í þetta súkkulaði, bara hvernig þú orðar hlutina stundum lætur þá hljóma mjög girnilega, eða eitthvað svoleiðis:) ehehheeh

 

Post a Comment

<< Home