Monday, April 04, 2005

Had a lovely time in Russia. 9 days of doing absolutely nothing at all.
Well, except for eating of course!

On my way back to London, I stopped over in fabulous Zürich for half a day.
I adore that city, in fact Switzerland as a country can hardly be rivalled in terms of fabulousness and efficiency by any place on this earth.
I'll so be making numerous visits to both Geneva and Zürich once I get my concessions, which by the way, is soon, or on April 18th!

As I have a whole 10 days off later in the month I'm contemplating jumping up to Iceland for a few days, a weekend or so.

Just come back from Tashkent this morning, a long flight, but a nice trip with an absolutely brilliant crew, and a hilarious purser, probably the best one I've worked with so far. It's just great how an easy-going crew can make a long 10hr flight pass by in an instant.
Next one is a 3-day Tehran, which will be my annual check-flight. This is where my knowledge on everything to the minute details of the Club World service to the differences in slides on the doors of an Airbus a321 will be tested! As you can maybe imagine, I'm already dreading it. The good thing is I'm not alone, as two of my course-mates will be on that flight with me. In fact I know everyone on the crew except for the purser (... which kinda scares me, although a vast majority of them are really nice). She might actually turn out to be a total nutcase like some are.
In reality though, if you think about it, you've gotta be a bit mad to do this job, where "going to work" means spending your day bursting through the skies in a metal tube, serving drinks and food to dozens if people then pop down for some gossiping in the back galley (yeah, as if that ever happens...).

I was going to paint my room during my days off, but now I just can't be asked. It'll just have to stay orange (yes, I know, totally hideous) for a bit longer.

Oh, and it looks like we're getting a new housemate to fill up my old room across the hallway... don't know who it's goin to be yet, but I guess that will become clear in the next few days. At least we have an opportunity to interview anyone who comes around looking at the romm. Don't want any old weirdo coming to live with us! (Coz we ain't no weirdos here... humm).

2 Comments:

At 08 April, 2005 00:37, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hae hae, langadi bara ad láta thig vita ad í naestu viku verdum vid javi komin í okkar íbúd, og thad er laust herbergi hvenaer sem thig langar ad skreppa til barcelona.
Hafdu thad gott og gangi thér vel, mua

 
At 08 April, 2005 20:15, Blogger pallpall said...

Takk aedislega! Kem orugglega i heimsokn fyrr en sidar!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home