Tuesday, May 16, 2006

The Eurovision Song Contest is nearly here once again.

The evenings of the 18th and 20th are of course the highlight of this month... unfortunately yours truly won't be able to enjoy the main extravaganza of the 20th at home, as I'm scheduled to be in Azerbaijan of all places, however I'm confident the Hyatt will have a wide enough selection of international TV channels to ensure my evening won't be spoiled.
In order to make the most of the fun, I will of course be organizing a party... albeit for the semi-finals on the 18th, my shopping trip to the supermarket down the road in Ankara yesterday providing most of the fare on offer, making this a somewhat Turkish-themed evening, foodwise.

I'm off to Athens now, coming back on the 18th, unfortunately not long enough to see my favoutrite superstar step on stage in the city where it's all taking place. Oh well, maybe next year.

1 Comments:

At 18 May, 2006 22:03, Blogger Jemima said...

Hi Pall! I read this on the BBC website and she sounds FABULOUS! I'm definitely watching the semifinals... starting in, oh just an hour!! She sounds fabulous.. A telephone conversation with God, how pop! I love it already.

--Jemima

http://www.yle.fi/etusivu/ohjelmaopas/ohjelma.php?co=tv2&time=2200&l=f&mode=www

"Iceland's singer Silvia Night is a fictional character played by actress Agusta Eva Erlensdottir.

With her extravagant costumes and ebullient attitude, Night is the star of a popular Icelandic television show who believes she is a supremely talented star of stage, screen and music.

Her performance includes a telephone conversation with God - she's his favourite person in the world - and implores listeners to vote for her."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home